Any reference to "we", "us" and "our" is to ITV Consumer Limited, except where the relevant service is provided by another ITV group company, in which case references to we, us or our shall, in respect of those services, be references to that ITV group company. Please see below for our contact details. Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of our services (which may include online social media and/or interactive applications, audio visual content, text, photographs, forums, advertising and other services) which we may offer at or via the website at www.itv.com including all its sub-domains (the "Website") and/or other websites or media platforms which, for example, may enable you to view our content over a mobile or wi-fi network or our ‘on-demand’ content on your television (the “Services”).
We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office and we are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. ITV Consumer Limited is registered under registration number Z7505566. To find out more information about the Data Protection Public Register visit the Information Commissioner's Office website here.
What information do we hold about you and how is it collected?
When you register for Services or when you otherwise update your registration details, personal information is collected by us and certain third parties authorised by us (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors). You may also be asked to provide personal information when buying or subscribing for content from us.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we and certain authorised third parties may use "cookies" and/or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled "Cookies" below).
We and certain authorised third parties may also collect personal information in the following circumstances:
- when you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us;
- when you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- when you request to be sent communications such as updates or newsletters;
- in monitoring your communications sent via and use of the Services;
- when you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Website and/or the Services at any other point.
How do we use information about you?
Your personal information may be used by us and certain authorised third parties to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Website, Services and/or your experience. This may include personalising the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you and/or your activity on the Services;
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- if any of the Services for which you have registered is no longer available, to contact you in relation to the closure of the Website and inform you of any similar services offered by us and/or any company within our group of companies and/or a third party partner on our behalf;
- where you are a prize winner, to administer the prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Geo-blocking and Regionalisation:
Where and only where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about products or services that may be of interest to you.
To opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in ‘Contact Details’ below or write to us by mail to the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
To opt-out of receiving any such communications from a selected third party, you will need to contact the applicable third party. Please note that we are not responsible for the communications or the content of any communications you receive from any such third party.
Amending your information
Where you register your details for certain services (such as our weekly newsletter) and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those services, you may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Cookies and other such devices
A cookie is a small amount of data which is stored on your computer's hard drive.
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website or Services;
- to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests;
- to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly; and
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
- to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements on the Website or otherwise via the Services;
- to determine how frequently particular pages and advertisements are visited;
- to track the success of any advertising campaigns on our Website;
- to determine the most popular areas of the Website or Services;
- to provide anonymised demographic data to third parties in order to target advertising more appropriately to you;
- generally in order to monitor usage of the Website or Services; and
- to undertake market research and/or to facilitate reviews, developments and/or improvements to the Services.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Will we share your information with third parties?
We may pass your information to other parties as follows:
- where relevant, your user name and information you voluntarily provide in your profile that you register with us will be published on areas of the Services such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Where other users wish to chat or otherwise contact you, they will be able to identify you by your user name and any other information you may yourself disclose;
- we may pass your personal information to third parties authorised by us such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- If you contact our customer support team, we may pass them your personal information to allow them to deal with your call more efficiently;
- where we have your consent we will pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- some general statistical information about the Website and/or Services user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying you;
We may display targeted advertisements based on the personal information that we hold. We do not provide your personal information to advertisers but advertisers and ad serving companies may assume that you meet the targeting criteria for that ad, for example men aged 18-30.
Always think carefully before disclosing your personal information or other information to other users or otherwise making your personal information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any of your personal information or other information which you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
Third party service providers based outside of the United Kingdom
We use certain third party companies to perform some functions of the Services on our behalf (for example sending e-mails to you or analysing data that is collected from the Services).
These third party companies have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
Changes to our business
If we decide to change or re-organise the structure of our business, we may need to pass your personal information to one of our group companies so that we can continue to effectively deliver the Services to you.
Also, if we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of the Services), may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner.
Security and how do we protect your information?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org
“ITV” is ITV Consumer Limited. Registered office address: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT. Registered Company Number: 2937518. VAT Registration: 197 0041 67. Data Protection Registration Number: Z7505566.
Useful numbers for people wanting help and advice