A list of the signs of bullying and how best to tackle it with your child.
As a new school year begins, it's important to be prepared for any issues that may affect your child right from the start.
Bullying is an increasing issue througout the country so it's important to know what the warning signs are and how best to deal with it if it happens to your kids.
Warning signs for bullying:
- Your child suddenly doesn't like going to school
- They are not saying any names of friends that they have
- Really upset when leaving you at the school gates
- They may become quiet and reserved
- Your child is unusually emotional and may avoid routine
How to tackle bullying:
- Tell someone! Encourage your child to talk to you about the issue, and then discuss it with a teacher at the school
- Monitor your child's use of the computer and social networking sites. Cyber-bullying is an increasing issue and keeping an eye on their online habits will ensure you're aware of any problems that may arise
- Be honest and open with your child at all times and be in open communication with their teachers
- Try to enstill confidence in your child so that they may not be so affected by bullies and the negative things they may say to them