All this week we will be discussing the troubling and widespread issue of teenage depression.
We asked 500 young people UK wide to fill in an anonymous survey about teenage depression. Our survey of 11 to 18 year olds found that:
- 1 in 3 teenagers have felt so depressed that they needed help
- Out of that 1 in 3:
- 16% of these have taken time off school
- 30% said one of the causes of depression was pressures at home
- More than 1 in 6 said their depression lasted a few months
- More than half of our teenagers turned to food lift their depression
For help and advice contact Young Minds.