Free £100 to switch bank account, £14 London to Paris coach returns, free Guinness and more. These are Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis’ Deals of the Week.
Remember, deals can change quickly, even while I’m on the programme. So always double-check the terms and conditions before spending. Plus, while I hope these deals will save you cash, don’t spend if you can’t afford it, don’t need it, or won’t use it.
Boots Treat Street
First Direct’s 1st Account
Nationwide’s FlexDirect account
Free Guinness or Baileys via Pitcher and Piano
Web Exclusive: 500 Boots points with £1 spend
Sign up to the Treat Street website (Boots' rewards site), spend £1 or more via one of its 100+ participating retailers (including Play.com, Asos, Dotty P, Topman, as well as The Trainline and New Look) and enter the code WELCOME500 in the pop-up window to get 500 Boots points. The offer ends on Sunday.
Free £100 now available to MILLIONS more
The bank account price war is hotting up with two big players boosting their fee-free account offerings (as always, you’ll need to pass a credit score).
- First Direct: It's smashed every customer service poll I've ever done - 91% rate it ‘great’ and it gives newbies a free £100. Yet in the past you’ve needed to earn £23,100 a year to get it fee-free (you need to pay your salary in), but from 1 April you’ll only need to earn around £14,000, meaning millions more can get it.
- And if you do fancy it, you don’t need to wait, as by the time your account’s set up, the bank has confirmed your first payment will be under the new regime.
- Nationwide: This is a building society taking on the big boys of banking. Nationwide’s FlexDirect pays a whopping 5% in-credit interest (on the first £2,500) with a year's 0% overdraft.
- 2for1 at Merlin attractions: If you’re planning a theme park trip in the next few months - find an 'adult goes free' voucher on promotional packs of Kellogg's cereal (which cost about £2ish), valid at 29 Merlin attractions such as Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Sea Life Centres and Madame Tussauds. The voucher has to be used by 31 May 2013 for the London Eye, or by 31 July 2014 for all other attractions.
- Free Guinness or Baileys for St Patrick’s Day: Register with or sign into Pitcher & Piano and you'll get a voucher for a FREE £4 pint of Guinness or 50ml Baileys worth £4.85, every day till 31 March (including St Patrick’s Day), but do please be Drinkaware.
- £14 coach return London to Europe: Until 23 May, get £9 single or £14 return coach tickets (including £4 booking fee) from London Victoria to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam when you register with Eurolines, though you’ll need to search for cheap fares. It's for travel Monday-Thursday and Saturday but excludes 31 March - 7 April. You have to book at least seven days in advance.
- Free £3 off at The Body Shop: Say the code words HAPPY BUNNY, which were published in the Metro newspaper, at the till in your nearest Body Shop before 31 March and you'll get £3 off your total spend. There’s no minimum spend, but the deal could end at any time, so be prepared for them to say no.