High street vouchers, the longest ever 0% balance transfer, free Sprite, Burger King vouchers and more. These are our Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis’s Deals of the Week.
Remember, deals can change quickly, even while Martin's on the programme. So always double-check the terms and conditions before spending. Plus, while we hope these deals will save you cash, don’t spend if you can’t afford it, don’t need it, or won’t use it.
Web exclusive: Two pairs of specs for £23
First buy a £55 Glasses Direct voucher for £19 from daily deals site Living Social before 11.59pm on 27 May. Then you can use until 24 June to buy any glasses on the Glasses Direct site including its 2for1 deal (for frames priced £55 and over) so you’ll effectively get two pairs for £22.95 (including £3.95 delivery). There are a few exclusions so do double check first.
High street voucher codes
- French Connection 20% off: Enter the code STYLE20 online at French Connection by 11.59pm on 25 May to get 20% off. Delivery is £3.95 or you can collect in-store for free. You can also get the discount in-store by showing the offer from the French Connection Facebook page on your phone.
- Gap 30% off: Buy a copy of this week's Grazia magazine (£1, Angelina Jolie on the front) and on page 83 there's a code to enter online at Gap to get 30% off online (delivery's £4). There’s also a voucher inside to get the discount in-store. The offer’s on until 27 May.
- Warehouse 20% off: Until 26 May, enter the code DASH20 online at Warehouse to get 20% off. Delivery is £3.50. You can also get the discount in stand-alone stores (not concessions) by showing the voucher in this week's free Stylist magazine – the one with Grace Coddington on the cover.
There are some exclusions with all of these deals, so check before buying.
Balance transfer price war continues
Yet again there’s a new longest ever 0% debt shifting deal been launched. Now, accepted new cardholders can shift existing credit card debts at 0% to Barclaycard for an increased 27 months – the longest 0% balance transfer ever (18.9% rep APR after). You will pay a one off fee of 3.5% of the amount transferred though.
This is in response to NatWest/RBS increasing their deal to 26 months 0% with a 2.65% fee (18.9% rep APR after). For many people the lower fee for just a month less actually makes it cheaper. If you can repay much more quickly, both Halifax and Lloyds TSB offer some accepted new customers 0% for 15 months (17.9% rep APR after) with a much lower 1% fee.
As always with balance transfers, follow the golden rules: 1) Always minimise new borrowing, budget, and plan to repay before 0% ends. 2) Clear or shift again before the 0% ends or you pay the full APR. 3) Pay at least the monthly minimum or you'll lose special rates.
- Burger King 2for1 meal deals: Register with Burger King and get a voucher which includes: 2for1 Whopper or Chicken Royale burger, six chicken nuggets and fries for £2.38, kids' meal for £1.50 with an adult meal, and £1 smoothies. Vouchers are valid until 21 July.
- Over 55? Get any Scotland rail return for £19: If you're aged 55+, you can travel for £19 standard class return or £35 first class return, if your outbound journey is before the end of June (you have a month to return), between any two stations in Scotland (selected routes only) via the following train operators: ScotRail, CrossCountry, TransPennine Express and Virgin Trains.
- Book online at ScotRail, over the phone (08457 55 00 33 - 2p p/m from landlines but can fluctuate) or in person at the station (no need to book in advance).
- ‘Free’ £7 Helen E blusher: Go to the Helen E Facebook page to get a code via the ‘Win’ icon for a £7 blusher in one of four colours for just the £2.50 p&p cost. The offer's on until 28 May, or while stocks last (Helen E has confirmed there are thousands available).
- Free Sprite: Sprite is giving away 500,000 vouchers for a free 500ml bottle of its drink (usually £1.15ish). Sign up via the special ‘rediscoversprite’ website (see the useful links section) and print the voucher by 26 June. You’ve got until 10 July to use it. The voucher is valid at most big chains, including supermarkets, but not at Boots, WHSmith and some other chains.