Tesco Clubcard Boost, up to 50% off Sainsbury’s toys, free tea and cake, and more. These are Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis’ Deals of the Week.
Remember, deals can change quickly, even while I’m on the programme. So always double-check the terms and conditions before spending. Plus, while I hope these deals will save you cash, don’t spend if you can’t afford it, don’t need it, or won’t use it.
Web Exclusive: Six months ‘free’ online guitar or keyboard tutorials
Get six months free online guitar or keyboard video tutorials by following links printed in the Telegraph (£2) this weekend. Buy Saturday’s paper (26 October) for a link to keyboard lessons or Sunday’s (27 October) for guitar.
The lessons are provided by interactive tutorial site Gigajam, which is used in over 1,000 schools in the UK, and usually costs £4.99 a month.
Tesco Clubcard Boost
Did you know £1 in every £8 spent in UK shops is at Tesco? So it’s no surprise so many people have Clubcard points. These loyalty points are converted into vouchers four times a year, with the latest batch due anytime. If you’re savvy, you can max ‘em. Here’s how:
- Urgently reclaim your vouchers. Tesco Clubcard vouchers only last two years, and millions lose or forget to use ‘em. Tesco says 2 million people have unspent vouchers worth up to £16 million, all due to expire on 30 November 2013 - so check your account NOW. Many have done this and told me they’ve found £100s. To do it, you need to login and click ‘my vouchers’ on the Tesco Clubcard website. Once found, vouchers can then be spent online or printed to use in-store. For full help see Martin’s Reclaiming Tesco vouchers guide.
- Boost voucher value. Tesco is boosting its ongoing Clubcard Boost scheme for Christmas. Its year-round Boost scheme allows you to convert vouchers for double the value on certain in-store and online Tesco spending. So £5 becomes £10 on clothing, cosmetics, baby, kitchen accessories, opticians and Hudl tablets. Yet from next Monday, for its Christmas Boost, it’ll add in toys, gift sets, Finest brand champagne and wine, electricals, and phones. All tokens must be converted by 20 December and used by 31 December 2013. However, before using vouchers for this, do check there’s nothing you want from its Boost Partners scheme first where you can sometimes get up to four times the value on things including days out and restaurant vouchers.
Martin’s quick deals
- Sainsbury’s up to 50% off ALL toys. A good one for Christmas - find a Sainsbury’s store that sells toys, and get up to 50% off ALL toys until Tuesday 29 October. While not all items will be reduced by the full 50%, Sainsbury’s tells me there’ll be at least 25% off.
- Lastminute.com £20 spa days. Today (Thursday 24 October),buy a voucher via this Lastminute.com link (or via the Lastminute.com homepage from 10am) to get a spa day or treatment at 38 locations for £20. Treatments include a one-hour salt cave experience for two in Edinburgh and other locations (usually £140). Most are only valid during the week, but some do have weekend availability so check carefully before you buy.
- Heads up: FREE hot drink and cake at John Lewis. I don't have the full details just yet - but this is too good not to tell you - I’m hearing news that from Wednesday 30 October you can sign up to the new John Lewis loyalty card on its website and potentially get FREE tea and cake once a month in its Place to Eat, Espresso Bar, Mall café, Café and coffee shops