Moira is strong and feisty but always fair, with a huge heart and great compassion. She won’t take any nonsense from anyone, but has a great sense of fun and a vivacious nature. Although she has her own sense of pride, she’s more able to back down and eat humble pie than her husband, John. She's the glue that keeps her family strongly bonded together.
||Foot massages and a good Hogmanay
||Duran Duran and hot chillies
|Did you know?
||John and Moira were childhood sweethearts. Moira once streaked down the high street of her previous village in just her wellies!
- Moira arrives in the village and takes up Butler's Farm
- Begins a petty rivalry with Marlon when she starts work in the Woolpack – but a mutual friendship and respect follows
- Moira is awkward but sensitive when Marlon professes his love for her
- Moira is furious when she discovers Hannah is being bullied by Victoria and her friendship with Diane is jeopardised
- Along with John, Moira confronts Holly about giving Maisie drugs
- Moira refuses to believe Cain when he tells her he saw John kiss Eve
- Throws John out after confronting him about the kiss, but they later make up
- Moira and John discover that Holly has been kicked out of college for dealing drugs
- Moira is devastated when drug addict Holly goes missing
- Just when Moira thinks Holly is making progress, she finds out she's taken heroin and has had sex for money to pay for her habit
- Moira and John shock Holly into going cold turkey and are relieved to see her finally on the road to recovery
- Moira and John's marriage starts to suffer when the farm is in financial trouble and John's business ideas threaten the wellbeing of the family
- When the family need a new car, Holly persuades Moira to buy one from Cain
- Feeling neglected by John, Moira starts flirting with Cain and then sleeps with him
- Moira is devastated when Cain tells John about their tryst. John tells Moira he wants her out of the house. She goes to stay with her mother for a few days but comes back, hoping John will learn to forgive her.
- Marlon offers Moira a place to stay until she can sort things out with her family.
- Moira looks on as Cain humilates her family, in front of the whole village. Moira is knocked over when John starts a fight with Cain
- Despite Moira's efforts to earn his forgiveness, John insists their marriage is over and asks for a divorce
- Moira and John finally make up but as they head off on a romantic break their car skids on ice and topples down a ravine. John is killed.