Halve gadget costs at Tesco, totally free Krispy Kreme doughnut, diet Coke and YSL foundation samples, plus act now to renew tax credits and grab a last second currency sale.
Remember, deals can change quickly, even while I’m on the programme. So always double-check the terms and conditions before spending. Plus, while I hope these deals will save you cash, don’t spend if you can’t afford it, don’t need it, or won’t use it.
Web exclusive: M&S £5 off £30 lingerie and nightwear
Until Sunday 17 July, you can get £5 off when you spend £30 or more on lingerie or nightwear online at M&S. Just enter the code DD50OFF30. Delivery’s £3.50 or you can collect in-store for free. The code can’t be used on slippers or with other offers.
Halve gadget costs via Tesco’s Clubcard double-up
If you're one of the 16m members of the retail giant's Clubcard scheme, you should check now if you’ve Tesco vouchers as its new summer Clubcard Boost may enable you to get seriously cheap electricals, as it works on Tesco Direct - basically the equivalent of the Argos catalogue. I’ve had these success stories reported to me:
“I just paid £2 for a new Kindle for Mrs D’s holiday reading.”“Just paid £1.50 for Tesco Hudl and case using clubcard rewards.”
Here’s how you can take advantage too:
· Find £100s of lost Tesco vouchers.If you've got all your vouchers (they're sent every three months), great. If not, you can reclaim two years lost/unused Tesco vouchers (for full help, see Martin’s Reclaim Tesco Vouchers guide).
· New Tesco Clubcard Boost - includes Tesco Direct. Until 8 September, swap £5 of Clubcard vouchers for £10 Boost vouchers to spend on ANY item soldonline via Tesco Direct (excluding partner retailers), including electrical goods, home furnishings, toys and games etc. It also works in its online and in-store clothes department, its in-store back-to-school section and in its online and in-store opticians' departments.
You don't have to pay solely in Boost vouchers. You can make up the rest in cash. Things we think are bargains via this include the Kindle Fire Tablet £99, so £45 in vouchers, iPad Mini £249, so £125 in vouchers, Moshi Monsters kids' scooter £19.99, so £10 in vouchers and Tefal five-piece saucepan set £40 (so £20 in vouchers).
It’s also worth checking Tesco’s ongoing Clubcard Boost Partner programme too, which can give 4 x the value on things such as restaurants and days out eg Café Rouge plus, until Monday 1 September, you can swap £2.50 in vouchers for a Cineworld or Odeon cinema ticket. If you’re after train fares, you can get twice the value of your vouchers so £10 gets you £20 towards your ticket.
Freebies, freebies, freebies
· Krispy Kreme doughnut voucher (usually £1.35 - £1.75) – ‘Like’ the Krispy Kreme UK Facebook page and it’ll ask you to sign up to its newsletter, do that and you’ll get a voucher for a free original glazed doughnut (print or show on your smartphone). It’s valid at all standalone stores so not Tesco, service stations, Costco etc. You’ll need to take ID with you.
· Find a ‘hunk’ and get a free Diet Coke from Boots – Look out for special 500ml bottles of Diet Coke with the word “hunk” on them in selected Boots stores and you’ll get it for free (usually £1.37). Just take it to the till. There are 24,000 hidden bottles and the offer ends on Tuesday 19 August.
· Totally free £4ish YSL foundation samples – Head to your nearest YSL counter where you’ll find two make-up freebies. No voucher’s needed, just ask for a 5ml sample of either YSL Fusion foundation or YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat. There are 400,000 samples available and all stores will have them, but go quick if you want them.
Urgent need to knows:
· Tax credits deadline extended. The deadline to renew your tax credits was actually today, but it’s now been extended to Wednesday 6 August (11.59pm online, 8pm by phone) due to strike action. Make sure you act now: If you've been sent a white envelope, you must sign it (or do it online or over the phone) even if nothing's changed. If you've a brown envelope, check it and let them know if it's changed.
· Ends 8am.FLASH Post Office online currency sale.The Post Officeis boosting online ordered delivery/collection rates on euros, dollars, Turkish lira andCroatian Kuna (min £400). Check currency comparison sites first to see how it stacks up.