A CPP warning, free ferret racing and Father’s Day deals, these are Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis’ Deals of the Week.
Remember, deals can change quickly, even while I’m on the programme. So always double-check the terms and conditions before spending. Plus, while I hope these deals will save you cash, don’t spend if you can’t afford it, don’t need it, or won’t use it.
Web exclusive: Figleaves 25% off
As we’re heading towards summer, you can get 25% off beachwear, bikinis and lingerie online at Figleaves when you buy a copy of this week’s Look magazine (£1.80, Angelina Jolie on the front) by Monday 9 June. On page 91 you’ll find a code for full-price items to enter online by Tuesday. As delivery is £3.75, this code’s best to use online if you’re spending £15 or more, otherwise going in-store’s cheaper.
DON’T ignore your CPP reminder letter, it could be worth £100s
If there’s ever a time to fill in your paperwork it’s now! Up to seven million people were mis-sold CPP card and identity protection policies so the regulator, the FCA, ordered a payback system. Claim forms were sent out earlier in the year for people to get their money back but only 25% (about 1.7m of you) have sent them in. There is a deadline to get the money you’re owed – the end ofAugust - and reminder letters are now being sent out to some of you, but I want to remind you again…
· This is serious money: Lots of successes are being reported to me, such as Kaye James:"Amazing – followed advice to complete forms. Result. We got £1,205 back" and Ellesby: "Received cheques today totalling £915 for my husband and me. Chuffed." In fact, I've not heard of any rejections, though some are due just £30 or so.
· If you got or get a letter, JUST FILL IT IN: No ifs, buts or shilly-shallying. If you get a letter, it means you had a policy and were mis-sold it, so fill it in. The bit everyone's finding difficult is section B. To help, use Martin’s CPP Form-Filling Templates. The sooner you do it, the sooner you'll get your cash as it's a queuing system.
· Lost your letter, or binned it? Many say they binned the letters thinking they were junk mail. Not everyone will get a reminder, so don't rely on that. If you binned yours, or you didn't get a letter (it may've had an old address) but think you've had CPP since 2005, don’t worry, contact the scheme team on 08000 83 43 93 to give them your current details and get the ball rolling for money that’s rightfully yours.
Free (or £1-£5) entry to 350+ farms, incl free ferret racing and tractor rides
Bring your herd along to one of 350 farms in England, Scotland and Wales this Sunday 8 June (a small number of farms may open on a different day) where the annual Open Farm Sunday event takes place.
I’ve had great feedback on this in previous years for a family day out.
Some of the activities taking place at the farms include ferret racing and tractor rides, plus you can try your hand at sheep shearing and bread-making. While most venues are free to visit (approx. 85%), some charge a sub-£5 fee. You may need to book ahead for some activities so do check the Farm Finder tool first before turning up on the day. It’s a great day out for the family and kids will love it.
Prepare for Father’s Day now with a free photo print and £2 delivered cards
Father’s day is a week on Sunday. Yet often many of the deals available are for those who move quickly; there are a few decent things available at the moment.
- Snapfish 50% off photo printed Father’s Day cards code: New and existing users can get 50% off all cards, including Hallmark, using the code SFUK258 online at Snapfish. Personalised cards start at £1.99 (delivery’s 99p), so you could get a card for dad for £1.98 all in.
- Asda free photo with dad: Head to participating Asda stores between 10am and 4pm on Saturday 7 June where you can pick up a free photo print. You stand in-front of a backdrop and can use props such as capes to make your Dad ‘super Dad’. Then just take a photo with your phone or camera and simply take it to the photo centre or the instant print photo machine to get a free 6” x 4” printed photo.
- Free chocolates for O2 users: O2 customers can get a 40g packet of Hotel Chocolat Salted Caramel puddles for free via its O2 Priority Moments app. It’s on till Sunday 15 June, but it’s likely to go fast, so go quickly! You’ll need to download the app on your phone, or text MOMENTS to 2020 for free. When you open the app, search for Hotel Chocolat and click the ‘get offer’ tab, click the link and note down your unique code before heading to store.