'I talk about him like he's still here'

I'm basically James's voice because he doesn't have one of his own anymore

– Denise Fergus

Denise Fergus has opened up about losing her son James Bulger after he was abducted and murdered by two boys in 1993.

She told Good Morning Britain about how she has had to move on with her life for the sake of her other children since the three year old died after being taken by Jon Venables and Robert Thompson.

Denise told Piers and Susanna of how she still talks about him like he's still alive, so her other sons feel like they know him.

"I'm basically James's voice because he doesn't have one of his own anymore," she told us.

Meanwhile, the father of a toddler kidnapped from a Primark store in Newcastle this year has spoken of the "agony" he felt in the two hours she was missing - and of his guilt over not preventing the abduction.

In an exclusive interview with Denise for GMB the man anonymously opened up about how he still longs for the truth of what happened and cannot forgive the teenagers until they tell him.

Are Germany attacks linked?

There have now been four attacks in South Germany within a week, with the latest carried out by a suicide bomber who killed himself and injured 12 others last night.

The explosion happened outside a restaurant in Ansbach, near Nuremberg, and was set off by a 27-year-old Syrian who had been denied asylum, Bavaria's senior security official said. It is also alleged that he had been trying to get into a nearby music festival, but was denied entry.

Earlier on Sunday, a 21-year-old Syrian refugee was arrested after killing a pregnant woman in a machete attack that killed one woman in Reutlingen, near Stuttgart.

Prince Harry on coping with his loss

For the first 28 years of my life - I never talked about it

– Prince Harry

Prince Harry has spoken about his reluctance to talk about the death of his mother at a barbecue for the mental health charity Head Together, attended by some of the country's top athletes.

Speaking with sports personalities about dealing with loss and grief, including Rio Ferdinand - who recently lost his wife Rebecca Ellison to cancer last year - the prince admitted that taking about the late Princess Diana has been healthy for him.

You'll also like:

Top five headlines you're waking up to

  1. A suicide bomber has killed himself and injured 12 others in an explosion outside a restaurant in Ansbach, near Nuremberg, in Germany. The alleged attacker was a 27-year-old Syrian who had been denied asylum, Bavaria's senior security official said. It's believed he was carrying a backpack when he was turned away from entering a nearby music festival earlier in the evening. This was the fourth attack in South Germany in a week.

  2. Today It is expected to be announced that 114 remaining BHS stores will be closed permanently by 20 August 2016, with Sir Philip Green in the firing line of stiff criticism from MPs for his role in the collapse of the retail chain

  3. The father of a toddler kidnapped from Primark in Newcastle by two teenage girls is warning other parents to "never be too cautious or over protective". Speaking exclusively to Good Morning Britain, he has told how his daughter has been affected by the ordeal and his fears that she will experience psychological effects.

  4. A man and a woman have been released on bail after a five-year-old boy died in a suspected drowning at a water park on Saturday. The child, named as Charlie Dunn, was taken to hospital from the Bosworth Water Park in Warwickshire, after medics tried to save his life by the side of the water.

  5. The world's anti-doping bodies are united in their opposition to the International Olympic Committee's refusal to ban Russia from the Rio Games. Despite calls for for the country to be thrown out of the Games for running a state-directed doping programme, the IOC's executive board opted against a blanket ban and asked each sport to vet proposed Russian competitors individually.

Today at Buckingham Palace

You may have noticed that our presenters weren't in their usual cosy studio setting today. That's because we were lucky enough to take over Buckingham Palace for a sneak peek at the Queen's wardrobe as part of its latest exhibition - which opens to the public for summer tomorrow.

The show features ten decades worth of memorable outfits and accessories worn by the Queen. Each item has a story to tell, and we loved hearing from former embroiderer Maureen Markham about creating epic dresses for the Queen's royal tours and visits.

While at the palace we also had the chance to look around the perfectly manicured gardens and grounds. Here' s a behind-the-scenes tour of the royal gardens, care of our very own Laura Tobin and in-house gardener Claire Midgley-Adam.

UK's first ever hand transplant is a success

It's better than any lottery win - because you feel whole again

– Chris King

A man is overjoyed to become one of the first people in the UK to receive a double hand transplant.

Chris King, who lost his in a machine accident three years ago, told GMB that having the 12-hour operation made him feel "whole again".

He's most thankful to be able to wear fashionable shirts again - as he can now do up his own buttons - and to hold his favourite bottled beer.

Watch an emotional Chris tell us more about how he feels about his new hands and his donor.

You might also be interested in:

Breaking news: Wiltshire army barracks on high alert

Military bases in Wiltshire are on high alert today after a suspicious incident took place thought to be involving a firearm . The warning comes after an attempt was made to abduct a soldier at knife point in Norfolk on Wednesday. Service men around the country are urged to keep a low profile as the incident could be terror related.