The Interview release cancelled after cyber threat

James France (left) and Seth Rogan

A comedy starring Seth Rogan and James France has been pulled from cinemas after hackers threatened the studio behind it with violence and the leaking of sensitive information.

Sony has decided not to release The Interview, a film which pokes fun at North Korea dictator Kim Jong Un after it was threatened by hackers, the studio announced. In a a statement they confirmed there were no further plans to release the buddy comedy.

The investigation into the hacking is now in the hands of the FBI, who have warned other businesses involved with the film, that they too could become victims of hacking. Not everyone has given up - Texas cinema chain Alamo Drafthouse said at least one of its theatres would be screening Team America: World Police, in which American agents take on North Korea's previous dictator, Kim Jong Il.

Mourners across the globe join to support Pakistan

Candlelit vigils were held across the globe to remember the 132 children and nine teachers murdered in the Taliban attack on a Peshawar School.

Hundreds attended a candlelight vigil in Trafalgar Square after a group of Pakistanis studying in London decided to organise a show of support. Some people at the vigil held photographs of the victims while others simply stood in silence in the rain in an act of remembrance.

Mourners in at America's Columbia University and Washington DC also held candlelit vigils. Pakistan is in the middle of three days of mourning after the massacre which saw 141 people, mostly children, gunned down at the Army Public School in northern Pakistan on Tuesday.

Police apologise to Savile victims

North Yorkshire Police have apologised to some of Jimmy Savile's victims, admitting they missed opportunities to properly investigate the disgraced children's entertainer and one of his friends when they were alive.

Police made the apology after an investigation into the Savile and the former mayor of Scarborough, Peter Jaconelli, found there would have been enough evidence for a prosecution. The force said 35 people had come forward with allegations about the pair.

A spokesman said 32 cases related to Jaconelli, between 1958 and 1998, and included allegations of indecent assault, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, gross indecency and rape. In the case of Savile, there were five reported offences, from 1979 to 1988, which ranged from sexual assault to rape. Two people claimed to be victims of both men.

Help me find my mum

I've been through childbirth and being a mum. I can kind of understand how scary it is, and I've had a support network

– Leah

In 1994 newborn baby Leah was abandoned by her mother. She was found on the 29th Dec by Mabel Scott, a cleaner at Manchester's Wythenshawe Hospital, where she had been wrapped in a towel and left in the toilets.

Two decades on, Leah wants to ensure she and her own son know where they came from.

She said: 'I love my mum despite everything. I want her to know there is no angst or anger against her. We have prepared for all endings. She might not want to come forward.'

If you have any information on Leah's mum please can the After Adoption charity on 0800 0568578.

Catch up on Good Morning Britain with ITV Player

Top five headlines you’re waking up to

  1. Britain's ambulance crews are facing an unprecedented increase in emergency calls

  2. Pakistan begins three days of national mourning for the 132 school children and nine teachers massacred by the Taliban

  3. Australia's Prime Minister has announced an enquiry into why the gunman responsible for the Sydney cafe seige wasn't on a terror watchlist

  4. Royal Mail address detectives are working extra hard to ensure un marked Christmas post makes it to their rightful owners in time for the 25th

  5. Two decades on from being abandoned in a toilet as a newborn, Leah wants to track down her mother

Catch up on Good Morning Britain with ITV Player