A hearty, sweet treat for all those that love a modern classic with a tasty twist.
• 3 medium eggs
• 125 g golden caster sugar
• 300 ml milk
• 300 ml double cream
• 1 vanilla pod, seeds removed
• 50 g butter
• 2 brioche loaves, sliced
• 1 tsp water
• A pinch of ground cinnamon
• 150g chocolate chips
• 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
• 2 Tbsp Demerara sugar
• Chilled double cream to serve
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar together thoroughly in a large bowl, Then pour in the milk and cream mixture with the vanilla and whisk a bit more.
2. Dip the brioche slices, placing them in a buttered pudding dish as you go, and layer with the chocolate chips and banana slices.
3. Pour the milk and egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
4. Place the dish in a roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set and not over-browned. Remove from the oven.
And serve with cream
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.