Try this creamy rice pudding dish made especially tasty with hints of amaretto, vanilla, orange and almonds.
- 800ml milk
- 40g caster sugar
- 80g pudding rice
- The zest from half an orange
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp amaretto
- a handful of almond flakes
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- Pour the milk and caster sugar into a saucepan and heat over a low heat
- Add the rice and orange zest and bring to the boil, immediately reduce the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once it has turned thick and creamy, add in the vanilla and amaretto
- Preheat a grill to high
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan till lightly toasted
- Spoon the rice mixture into serving cups and sprinkle the sugar over the top
- Grill briefly till the sugar has caramelised then add the almonds and serve
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.