This delicious prawn baguette is the ultimate delectable delight!
- 150g raw prawns
- 2-3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for serving…optional
- The juice of a lime
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 baguettes
- ½ small cucumber, peeled into ribbons
1. Heat a pan over a high heat, place the prawns in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they change colour. Reduce heat to medium and add the chilli sauce on and cook till just heated through until sticky, you do not want to cook your prawn much longer than a minute, any more your prawns will turn rubbery. Remove from the heat then squeeze in some lime juice and mix well
2. Grate the carrot into a bowl along with the spring onion, add some lime juice, coriander and peanuts and toss well
3. Slice the baguette lengthways and spread the mayo over the cut bread then layer the cucumber and carrot salad on, top with the prawns and drizzle the chilli sauce
4. Serve immediately.