Easy to throw together, refreshingly moreish this soup is just gorgeous!
- 700g really ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper seeds and stem removed
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- 75ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- A shake of hot sauce….optional
- The juice a lime
For the garnish
- 2 spring onions
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 stick of celery
- A few sprigs of coriander
For the croutons
1 slice bread
Olive oil, for frying
1. Cut the bread into 1cm cubes and gently fry in a little olive oil to make croutons.
2. Put the chopped tomatoes, pepper, garlic and cucumber in a blender and whizz until smooth.
3. Slowly add the olive oil and sherry vinegar and season well. Chill in the fridge until needed.
4. To make the garnish, finely dice the vegetables and hard-boiled egg.. Serve the gazpacho with the garnish.