Get exotic with Gino's griddled pineapple served with a mixture of sweet flavours...
30g flaked coconut
1 whole pineapple
4 tbsp Demerara sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp dark spiced rum
2 springs of mint and some leaves to garnish
Ice cream, to serve
1. Peel the pineapple and slice it into rings.
2. Heat a frying pan on a high heat and once the pan is smoking hot, place the pineapple for a few minutes on each side until it starts to caramelise.
3. Add the 2 mint sprigs to the pan and then rum and flambé.
4. Pound the sugar in a pestle and mortar with the cinnamon.
5. Toast the coconut in a dry frying pan until it is golden brown.
6. Serve the pineapple with the sugar sprinkled on top and the ice cream and toasted coconut and mint.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.