Fancy trying a simple light bite for a hot summer evening? Try our salmon garlic cream dish, perfect for alfresco dining with friends.
• 2 salmon fillets cut lengthways into fingers
• 6 tbsp mixed fresh herbs, chopped
• 50g butter
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• A pinch of chilli flakes
• 4 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
• A good squeeze of lemon zest
• Salt and Pepper
Green salad to serve
1. Melt the butter in a shallow pan over a medium heat and add the garlic.
2. When the butter starts to foam, place the garlic and fish into the pan. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or just until the fish becomes opaque. Remove from the pan and rest on a plate.
3. Add the mascarpone and herbs to the pan and heat until it melts into a sauce. Season with black pepper, and salt.
4. Mix the dressing ingredients together and toss with the salad leaves, serve with the salmon with the sauce poured over the top finishing with some zest of lemon.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.