Cool down with some delicious instant strawberry ice cream complemented with mouth watering white chocolate and toasted nuts.
- 350g strawberries
- 50g of icing sugar
- Approx 150ml thick cream, very cold
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- 250g mixed summer berries
- 50ml amaretto
- 4 tbsp grated white chocolate
1. Place the strawberries in the freezer for at least 4 hours until frozen
2. Mix the berries with the amaretto and leave to sit in the fridge for 20 minutes then spoon into the bottom of a chilled serving glass
3. Meanwhile take the frozen strawberries and the icing sugar and pulse in the food processor. Once the sugar is incorporated, pour the cream into the mixture as it blends - only use enough until you have an ice cream consistency.
4. Once the mixture looks like it is one colour, scoop straight from the mixer into bowls and serve scoops on the berries with the toasted almonds.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch our online recipes may not exactly match how Gino makes them on the show