Here's a great way to use your leftover meat - mix with some tasty oriental flavours and serve in iceberg lettuce leaves for a refreshing twist on pork or chicken!
- Oil for frying
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 200g leftover meat, shredded (pork or chicken work well)
For the salad
- The zest and juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 30ml olive oil
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- A small handful of fresh coriander
- Baby gem or iceberg lettuce, leaves divided into cups
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced into julienne
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce to finish (optional)
1. Heat some oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook until garlic is softened (about 1 minute).
2. Add the shredded meat and cook over a high heat, until it is hot and caramelised, Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the lime zest, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and a drizzle of oil in a bowl then toss this with the meat. Taste and adjust the flavours if needed.
4. Combine chopped onion, mint and coriander, arrange the lettuce cups on a plate and spoon in the mixture, with the cucumber and serve with the chilli sauce.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.