Try this delicious dessert with strawberries and orange zest.
- 200g of good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 200g strawberries, halved
- 1 tsp icing sugar
1. Melt the chocolate with in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring that the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside to cool but not to harden.
2. In the meantime, separate the egg yolk from the whites and place in 2 dry, clean bowls.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Beat the egg yolks together with the juice and zest of ½ the orange for 2 minutes.
4. With a metal spoon, gently fold the melted chocolate in the egg yolks mixture a little at the time.
5. Lastly, fold in the egg whites mixing all the ingredients together. Take half of the strawberries and sprinkle with some orange zest before dividing them between 6 dessert glasses (each about 200ml).
6. Pour the chocolate mixture over the strawberries and cover with cling film. Leave to rest in the fridge for 3 hours until set.
7. Mix the rest of the strawberries with the icing sugar and remaining zest and juice.
8. Just before serving, remove the cling film and decorate with the strawberries.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch our online recipes may not exactly match how Gino makes them on the show