Try these tasty little treats - bursting with raspberry sauce and fresh custard, the whole family will love them!
For the doughnuts
- 225g strong flour
- 14g dried yeast
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g unsalted butter
- 5g salt
- 100 ml water
- 500 ml sunflower oil for frying
For the raspberry sauce
- 250g raspberries
- 70g icing sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 6 tbsp fresh custard
- 50g caster sugar for dusting
1. Mix the strong flour, yeast, sugar, butter, salt and water in a food mixer or food processor and using the dough hook attachment for 3 minutes or until elastic.
2. Leave the dough to rise at room temperature, covered with a damp tea towel or cling film for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. Knock the air out of the dough and prove again until it doubles in size, (this should take another 30 minutes.)
4. Cut the dough into small pieces the size of a walnut and roll into balls, and allow them to prove again for 1 hour in the fridge.
5. In the meantime to make the raspberry sauce, blitz the raspberries in a food processor then pass through a sieve into a small saucepan. Add in the icing sugar and bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Stir occasionally.
6. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 175C. Fry the dough balls for 6-7 minutes or until they are golden brown. Do not place too many balls in the fryer at once or the temperature will drop. Remove the doughnuts from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
7. Fill a plastic syringe with the raspberry sauce and carefully inject half the doughnuts, fill the other half with the custard.
8. Roll the doughnuts in the sugar and serve.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.