A simple yet delicious pasta dish, made using bacon, cream cheese and a good squeeze of lemon.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 200g fresh penne pasta
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 125g cream cheese plus a little milk or pasta water to loosen
- Salt and pepper
1. Firstly, cook the penne pasta according to packet instructions.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and quickly fry the bacon strips and mushrooms until they start to brown.
3. Add the garlic and some of the parsley and mix through.
4. Stir in the cream cheese with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain the cooked pasta and pour it into the pan, add a little of the pasta cooking water or milk to loosen the sauce if you need to.
6. Add a sprinkle of the chopped parsley once off the heat.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.