Get the recipe for Gino's fabulous dish sure to impress - a sweet plum tart!
For the tart:
- 300g pre-made shortcrust pastry
- Zest 2 unwaxed lemons
- 160g of ricotta
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 120g butter, melted
- 10 tbsp limoncello liqueur
- 6 ripe plums, cut in half
- Icing sugar for dusting
For the Chantilly cream:
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Half a tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to fit a 25cm loose-based flan tin. Grease the tin with a little butter, then line it with pastry. Leave to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 180oC. Line the pastry with grease-proof paper, fill with baking beans or rice and bake blind for 10 minutes, remove paper and bake for a further 5 minutes to cook the tarts base.
3. Put the lemon zest in a large bowl. Add the ricotta, sugar, eggs and butter and mix together to a smooth paste using a hand blender. Stir in the limoncello.
4. Arrange the plums on the base of the pastry case and pour the mixture on top. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the tart inside to cool in the oven.
5. For the Chantilly cream, whisk the cream, icing sugar and seeds from the vanilla pod in a bowl until very soft peaks form and set aside until ready to serve.