Gino whips up a delicious and decadent treat to wow any guests - a raspberry ripple cheesecake.
- 120g digestive biscuits
- 60g ground almonds
- 100g butter, melted
- 300g raspberries, keep 150g to decorate
- 150g caster sugar
- 750g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries to decorate
- Whipped cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180oC fan.
2. Blitz the biscuits into fine crumbs. Stir together crumbs, almonds and melted butter. Using your fingers, press crumb mixture into a 22cm spring form pan.
3. Place half raspberries in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of sugar on medium heat until the colour of the raspberries has mixed with the dissolved sugar. Squash a few raspberries with the back of a spoon to create a sauce.
4. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then lemon rind and juice. Pour the cream cheese mixture into prepared biscuit base tin.
5. Dot most of the raspberry mixture into the raw cheesecake (keep a couple of spoons of the sauce to decorate) before Baking for 30 minutes until it is just set in the centre.
6. Remove from oven and leave it cool completely.
7. Decorate the top of the cheesecake with fresh raspberries and serve with whipped cream.