Try out our roast beef with summer roast vegetables for an alfresco Sunday treat.
- 2-2.5kg piece beef topside
2 red onions, sliced
2 sprigs of rosemary
1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
Salt and pepper
For the horseradish cream
• 200ml crème fraiche
• juice and zest of 1 lemon
• 3tbsp creamed horseradish sauce
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
For the vegetables
• 2 celery sticks, very finely chopped
• 3 carrots, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 150g peas
• 3 courgettes, diced
• 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
• A small glass white wine
• A small bunch flat-leaf parsley and a handful of basil, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper
• Oil for frying
1. Heat oven to 190c
2. Roll the outside of the beef in the crushed black pepper and season with salt, sit the joint on the onions and rosemary in a snug-ish roasting tin. Roast for 12 mins per 450g for medium-rare, or 15 mins per 450g for medium-well.
3. Remove from the oven, lift onto a platter, cover with foil and rest for 30 mins.
4. For the greens, gently fry the celery in a pan - deglaze with the wine add the, carrots courgettes, and garlic. Cook for about 6-8 mins until starting till soften then add the peas, and courgettes then at the end the herbs and serve with the beef
5. Mix together the crème fraiche, horseradish, lemon juice and zest. Season well with salt and pepper.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch our online recipes may not exactly match how Gino makes them on the show