Get the recipe for Gino's delicious and tasty spinach and ricotta cannelloni.
For the pasta and filling:
- 16 fresh egg pasta sheets
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 150g frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed to remove the excess water
- 150g rocket leaves, chopped
- A quarter of a tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 60g freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the topping:
- 800g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 200ml double cream
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100g Parmesan
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- A handful of fresh basil leaves to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 160c.
2. To prepare the filling, place all the ingredients in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and use a fork to mix everything together.
3. Place 1½ tablespoons of filling across each pasta sheet and start to roll up the pasta from the narrow side going forward. To seal the cannelloni, overlap the pasta sheet by about 2cm. Repeat until all the pasta sheets are filled.
4. In a greased baking dish place half of the tomatoes and top with the cannelloni (seam-side down) in a single layer.
5. Spoon the remaining chopped tomatoes on top and tip in the double cream. Drizzle with olive oil, season well.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and mozarella on top and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbling.
7. Scatter basil leaves over the finished cannelloni to serve.