Get the recipe for Gino's yummy pud - a sticky banana and chocolate tart.
- 50g salted butter
- 120g golden caster sugar
- 6 firm large bananas
- 100g chocolate chips
- 250g block puff pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting
- A handful of mixed nuts, chopped
- 1 tub good-quality vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Melt the butter with the sugar in a deep-sided, heavy-based frying pan that can be used in the oven. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until it turns into golden caramel.
2. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6.
3. Place the whole bananas into the caramel pan creating a circle; breaking as necessary, ensuring the entire base is covered. Sprinkle over the chocolate chips.
4. Meanwhile, roll the puff pastry onto a floured surface and cut a disk shape about 25cm in diameter, or about 5cm bigger than the top of your pan.
5. Lay the pastry over the bananas and tuck the overlap down inside the pan with your fingers.
6. Bake the tart for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven, set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
7. Toast the nuts in a pan until golden.
8. Take a large circular plate and place face down on top of the pan. Quickly invert the pan to turn the tart upside down. Remove the pan, leaving the bananas facing upwards.
9. Serve with generous portions with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of the toasted nuts.