Perfect for parties, these sticky BBQ chicken and ribs provide a great addition to any barbecue.
• 1 large rack of ribs, cut into thirds
• 12 chicken thighs with skin and bone still on
• 250 ml apple juice
• 4 tbsp runny honey
• 2-3 tbsp Vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 large pinch of paprika
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 6 cloves garlic, crushed but unpeeled
For the salads
• 16 Basil leaves sliced
• 60ml Extra virgin olive oil
• 1 packet mozzarella cheese fresh and packed in water
• salt and pepper to taste
• 4 large tomatoes, fresh and juicy
• 700 g small new potatoes
• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
• 150g creme fraiche or mayonnaise
• Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
• 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
• Salt and pepper
1. Place al the meat in a large bag or baking dish. Tip in all the marinade ingredients and squish together, leave in the fridge overnight
2. Preheat a griddle or BBQ or your oven to 180c. If using a bbq cook the meat for 10 -15 minutes until its cooked through….this will depend on he heat of your bbq so check before eating. If not using a bbq, cook on the griddle for 15-20 minutes then transfer to the preheated oven and cooke for a further 10-15minutes or you can just cook entirely in the oven for 30-40 minutes
3. For the caprese salad. Slice tomatoes about half a centimetre thick and arrange on a plate, overlapping in a circle shape.
4. Open the mozzarella cheese with your thumbs into a flower like shape and place it in the centre of the tomatoes. Top with tiny basil leaves.
5. Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes, add salt and pepper to taste then serve.
6. For the potato salad. Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and tip into a large bowl. Add the onion, lemon zest and juice, creme fraiche and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.