Gino cooks up these yummy nutty chocolate brownies - a perfect sweet treat!
- 100g salted butter plus extra for greasing
- 170g caster sugar
- 80g dark muscavado sugar
- 130g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur (optional)
- 110g strong white flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Half a tsp baking powder
- 50g pecan nuts, chopped
1. Grease a 20cm shallow square cake tin with butter and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 180c. Place the butter, sugars, chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan and melt over a low heat, remove and leave to cool a little.
3. Beat the eggs and liqueur if you are using in a bowl until light and fluffy, pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk together.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder over the mixture and then add the nuts, folding everything together with a metal spoon and pour into the lined baking case.
5. Bake for 25 minutes then leave to cool completely.
6. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.