A light and tasty seafood stew, served up with Gino's homemade garlic bread with cheat's aioli!
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 sticks of celery finely diced
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 750g clams
- 750g mussels
For the garlic bread
- 1 French stick
- Olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- A few twists of freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, gently fry the onion and celery for a few minutes in the olive oil then add the chilli flakes.
2. Add the wine and reduce. Pour in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Simmer on a low heat and cook for approx. 8-10 minutes.
3. Increase the heat slightly and add the clams and mussels then cover with a lid and cook for a further 3 minutes or until they have opened. Discard any unopened.
4. Halve the garlic bulb and rub with a little oil. Wrap in foil and bake in the oven at 180C for about 20-30 minutes until its soft and caramelised.
5. Cut the French stick in half, and toast both sides. Squeeze out the roasted garlic from the bulbs and smear all over the cut sides of the bread, season and sprinkle over the thyme leaves.
6. Mix the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice to make the quick aioli. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
7. Spoon the fish stew into large serving bowls, scatter over the parsley and serve with the garlic bread and a spoonful of aioli
Please note that due to the live nature of Let's Do Lunch, the recipes may not always exactly match the dishes Gino cooks on the show.