50g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
170ml Onken 0% Fat Vanilla yogurt, remove from the fridge 15 minutes before using
200g icing sugar, sieved
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas and mix well.
4. Add the flour, salt, baking powder and mixed spice and mix until well combined.
5. If using, stir in the chocolate chips or nuts to the mixture.
6. Divide the batter between well greased 12-hole muffin trays.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, inserting a skewer to check if cooked. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
For the glaze:
8.Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and yogurt in a mixing bowl until fully combined and smooth, and no lumps of butter remain.
9. Add icing sugar in small amounts and keep mixing until smooth. The frosting will have the consistency of a thick glaze,add a little extra icing sugar if need be to create the desired consistency. Use immediately, or refrigerate and stir before use.
10. Use the glaze to drizzle over the muffins.
Note: For the glaze if the butter and yogurt are not at the same temperature lumps may form. If this happens, just pass the glaze through a fine sieve before drizzling over the muffins.