If you have a sweet tooth, you'll love Bill Granger's tasty dessert...
120g plain flour
1 pinch salt
120g caster sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 banana, mashed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
85g unsalted butter, melted
For the topping:
140g brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
250ml water, boiling
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Add the banana, milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract and whisk together until well
combined. Pour into a greased 2.5L ovenproof dish.
3. To make the topping, place the brown sugar, golden syrup and water in a small pan
and bring to a boil.
4. Pour the boiling mixture carefully over the pudding and bake the pudding for 30 - 40 minutes, until it's firm to the touch.
5. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.