Catherine Tyldesley's healthy Chicken Kiev, broccoli and sweet potato wedges
Corrie's Catherine Tyldesley welcomes us into her kitchen to show us her healthy take on chicken kiev and potato wedges.
Ingredients for the herb butter:
4tbsp unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
2tbsp fresh parsley
1tbsp fresh dill
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
Ingredients for the Chicken Kiev:
4 chicken breast, skinless
120g almond flour or rice flour
120g of quinoa flakes or 90g oats
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
2 large medium free range eggs, beaten
Ingredients for the wedges:
4 medium sweet potatoes, cut each potato into 8 wedges
1tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for the broccoli:
1 whole broccoli, broken into florets
1tbsp olive oil
1tsp chilli flakes
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Line and grease a baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, mash all herb butter ingredients with a fork. Place the mixture
on a long piece of plastic wrap and roll into a long log, approx 1 inch thick and
8 inches long, then twist the ends shut. Freeze until firm.
3. Meanwhile, place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and
pound to ¼ inch thickness. Season lightly with additional sea salt and black
4. When the herb butter is firm, cut the log into four equal pieces, each about 2
inches long. Place a piece in the middle of each flattened chicken breast, fold
in the sides and then roll up tightly.
5. Prepare two small bowls - one with eggs, and one with almond flour, ¾
teaspoon sea salt, Garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Dip each
piece of chicken in the egg, then roll in the almond flour mixture, making sure
all sides are covered.
5. Wrap each rolled up piece in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 mins.
6. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and
outside is golden.
8. Place the potato wedges onto a baking tray and toss in oil, season with salt
9. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes.
10. In a large glass bowl mix the broccoli florets with oil, chilli and garlic. Place on a greased baking tray and roast for 10-12 minutes or until slightly crunchy.
Place the chicken Kiev onto a serving plate along with the wedges and broccoli.