Bill Granger kicks off March with this fail-safe recipe he swears works every time... creamy chicken curry.
8 skinless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 red chilli, finely chopped (deseeded first, if you like)
1 lemongrass stalk, crushed with the back of a knife and split
5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp caster sugar
500g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
400ml chicken stock
250ml coconut milk
Red chilli, finely chopped
1. Put the chicken and curry powder in a bowl and toss to coat well. Season with sea salt.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over medium heat. Add the onions and chilli and fry for 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until sealed and browned all over.
3. Add the lemongrass, ginger, fish sauce, sugar, potatoes and stock to the pan.
4. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat to medium–low. Simmer for 15–
5. Stir in the coconut milk, then cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Scatter with red chilli to taste and serve with steamed rice.