Today we kick off our new Friday cookery theme - Thinner Parties - which proves we can all still entertain and still lose the pounds.
These dishes will do nothing but impress everyone around the dinner table but won't be making any impression on our hips! Dean Edwards is cooking up a healthy takeaway curry to keep your friends and family full and slim.
2 pork tenderloins, trimmed
Thumb-sized piece fresh ginger grated
3 cloves garlic crushed
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
30ml soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
300g brown basmati rice
100g frozen peas defrosted
2 eggs beaten
3 spring onions, finely sliced
1 tbps soy sauce
Wilted Chinese greens or spinach to serve
1. Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place the pork into an oven proof baking dish then pour over the marinade, cover and leave to stand for at least 1 hour.
2. Roast in an oven set at 200C / 180C fan for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through. Baste with the reduced marinade then remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes under foil.
3. Cook the rice to the packet instructions, drain and cool as quickly as you can.
4. Heat a large non-stick pan and add some oil, place in the rice, peas then continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Move the rice to one side then pour in the beaten eggs, stirring so the egg breaks up and coats the rice. Add a dash of soy sauce and toss through the spring onion.
5. Slice the pork then serve along with some greens