Dean Edwards shows us how to make a Valentine's dessert your sweetheart will love - his seductive chocolate fondants!
100g unsalted butter
100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
45g caster sugar
1 large egg
2 egg yolks
20g plain flour
½ tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
Small Pinch salt
2 chocolate truffles
1. In a bowl placed over lightly simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate, then set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy then mix through the melted chocolate. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold in along with a pinch of salt.
3. Divide the mixture into two buttered ramekins, push a truffle into the centre then smooth the mixture back over. Place onto a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven set at 210C / 190c fan for 13 minutes.
4. Leave to stand for 1 minute then turn out onto serving plates.
5. Serve by placing some crushed amoretti biscuits onto the plate then place a scoop of vanilla on top of the biscuits.