Try this delicious festive treat that the whole family will enjoy!
50g olive oil
250g golden castor sugar
4 large eggs
200g self raising flour
1 tap of baking powder
Zest of 3 clementines
125g unsalted butter
250g icing sugar
1/2 a lime
75g cranberry sauce
75g mince pie filling
1. Beat the sugar, butter and olive oil together in an electric mixer if possible for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Whisk the eggs together and pour them into the sugar and butter mixture a little at a time while mixing
3. Add in the clementine zest.
4. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and pollenta.
5. Slowly mix together until all the flour is mixed in.
6. Divide the mixture into two 8 inch cake tins lined with baking parchment.
7. Bake in a pre heated oven 180c for 20 minutes.
8. When the cakes are cooked, leave to cool a little, then cover with cling film.
9. Covering the cakes will keep the moisture inside the cake while they cool.
10. While the cake cools make The jam by placing the cranberry sauce and mince pie filling into a sauce pan with the juice from a clementine.
11. Heat the jam through until the suet in the mince pie filling melts, then leave to cool.
12. To make the butter icing beat together the icing sugar, butter, lime juice and clementine juice until you get a light and fluffy icing.
13. Ice the cakes with the jam and butter icing.
14. Because of the olive oil in the cake will keep for a good few days.