Dean Edwards is in the Lorraine kitchen this week and today will be making a quick and easy chicken pasta dish the whole family will love.
2 x 220g pack chicken breast goujons (mini fillets)
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves picked
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 tbs olive oil
1 leek washed and shredded
100ml white wine (optional)
2 tbs cream cheese or creme fraiche, whichever you prefer
70g cheddar cheese, grated
2-3 tbs reserved pasta cooking water
160g whole-wheat penne pasta
1. Place the chicken goujons into a resealable freezer bag then add in the garlic, thyme and olive oil, and massage to make sure everything is mixed then leave to marinate for one hour if you can.
2. Preheat a griddle pan or frying pan then place on the goujons and cook for around 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
3. Cook the pasta by bringing a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook
according to the packet instructions. Drain.
4. Meanwhile heat some oil then fry the leek until softened for around 6-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for a further two minutes. Add the white wine and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced by half, then stir.
5. Add in the cream cheese or creme fraiche, and grated cheddar. Add in 2-3 tbsp of reserved pasta water to let the sauce down. Throw in the drained pasta and chicken then toss everything together.
6. Serve with some crispy fried leeks on top.