Dean has given us one of his favourite Easter recipes - an ideal dessert for the fish dish he's making for Good Friday!
200g dark chocolate 70% cocoa
200g unsalted butter
180g golden caster sugar
1 tsp cocoa powder
Truffles or Mini eggs to garnish
1. Over a pan of gently simmering water melt the butter and chocolate in a
bowl, making sure the bottom is not touching the water. Leave to cool for a few
2. Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy then stir in the melted chocolate
and amaretto until combined fully. Pour into a 23cm spring form cake tin
which has been greased and lined with non-stick baking parchment. Take a
large piece of foil then cover the base of the tin and pull up the sides so that
no water can seep in whilst cooking.
3. Place onto a baking tray and half fill with boiling water. Cook in a preheated
oven set at 180c / 160c fan / gas mark 4 for around 40-45 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, remove the foil and leave to cool. Chill in the fridge until set. I like to leave mine overnight.
5. Place the truffles around the edge of the torte, portion then serve with some vanilla ice cream.