Fay indulges her citrus addiction with this easy-peasy lemon-squeezy lemon and rasberry tart - perfect for the summer months ahead
Prep time 20 mins
Cooking time 50 mins
1 x 375g pack of sweet pastry (or make it, I dare you)
3 medium free-range eggs
75g caster sugar
220ml double cream
Finely grated zest and juice of 3 unwaxed lemons
200g fresh raspberries
Icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
24cm loose-bottomed flan tin
1. Preheat oven to 180C (fan, 200C. gas mark 6.
2. Roll out the pastry and use to line the flan tin. Cover the pastry with baking paper then fill with baking beans or rice and blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and rice/beans. then pop back in the oven for 5 minutes to dry out.
3. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C (fan), 180C, gas mark 4.
4. Whisk the eggs, sugar, cream, lemon zest and juice together. Leave the tin in the oven on a baking tray and scatter the raspberries over the base evenly. Pour the filling over the berries and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Cool and dust with icing sugar before serving if preferred.
- From What’s for dinner? Easy & delicious recipes for everyday cooking by Fay Ripley (HarperCollins £20)