It’s the season of...well, sometime stress! Cold Feet star Fay Ripley has just the things to make sure you're guests are satisfied without you having a breakdown! She's making some delicious canapés all to be washed down with her special fizzy delight drink.
Smoked Salmon Brioche Mouthfuls
Makes 60 canape size
1 pack of 10 brioche rolls
300g smoked salmon
300ml tub half-fat creme fraiche
50g pot black lumpfish cavia
1 small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. Cut each brioche roll thickly into 6 round slices.
Toast both sides under the grill (watch them as they go quick).
3. Lay the toasts out on a big plate, board or tray.
4. Divide the salmon among the toasted brioche rounds and dollop each with 1/2 teaspoon of creme fraiche.
5. Add a smidge of caviar, scatter the chives over the lot, then a grind of pepper to finish.- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan), 200 degrees, gas mark 6 and line a brownie tin with baking paper. Let the paper fall over the edge so that you can use it to lift the cake out later.
2. Break up the dark chocolate and put it into a glass or metal bowl with the butter. Gently melt until smooth. Let it cool slightly.
3. Separately beat the sugar and eggs with an electric whisk until creamy, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
4. Sift the flour and cocoa over the whole lot and mix in with a big metal spoon.
5. Finally, fold in the chopped-up chocolate pieces. Pour into your dish and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Leave to cool completely before lifting out, using the lining paper as a sling. Cut into squares. The size is up to you.
7. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
The Fizz drinks
Bottle of dry prosecco
Bottle Fragoli liqueur
Pour in a shot of Fragoli liquer to a class, then pour dry prosecco until glass is full
Bottle of soda water
Bottle of elderflower cordial
Pour elderflower cordial into glass, and fill up to the top with soda water. Add frozen raspberries instead of ice.