By the end of this week all schools will have broken up for Summer and families start joining the Great British Get Away.
Last week Dean transported us all to Spain and this week James will take us to Italy, where, according to ABTA, around 1.2 million of us jet off each year making it the 5th most popular Summer destination. His garden pan pizza is a real cheats way to get all the flavours of Italy without the hassle!
200g self raising flour, plus extra for dusting
4 ? tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons sun dried tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt.
300g baby artichoke hearts, drained and halved
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
300g black olives, pitted and drained
125g mini mozzarella balls
1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon basil, chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
125g asparagus tips
Fresh basil leaves and extra virgin oil to garnish.
1. Pre heat oven to 200oc.
2. In a bowl place the flour, 2 ? tablespoons of olive oil, salt and tomato paste. Add the measured water a little at a time and mix till a soft, smooth dough. Add more water if necessary.
3. Roll the dough on a floured surface then place into a medium heat oiled large frying pan (28cm) and use your hand to stretch and put the dough in place. Cook on the hob gently for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp on one side, next flip the pizza base over and set aside in the hot pan.
4. In a pan of salted boiling water cook the asparagus tips for three minutes and refresh in ice water. Once cool drain.
5. In a bowl add the last of the olive oil, garlic, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, and parsley, basil, marjoram and asparagus tips. Mix till all vegetables are coated in the garlic and herb oil. Season to taste.
6. Spoon over the pizza base and sprinkle over the mozzarella balls and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese melted and vegetables starting to colour.
7. Slide out of the pan onto a warm serving plate scatter with fresh basil leaves and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, cut into 4 and serve.