Salted Caramel sauce
200g Demerara brown sugar
160ml Whipping Cream
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Sea salt flakes to taste
60g Pecan nuts, chopped
Serve with left over Whipped cream, crème fraiche or a good vanilla ice-cream
1. Pre heat oven to 180/170c (fan assist), grease and line a 9 inch square tin
2. In a large bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and mixed spice. Stir in the oatmeal.
3. In a sauce pan heat and stir together the black treacle, muscavado sugar, butter and golden syrup. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and gradually stir in the black treacle mixture.
5. Add the egg and milk. Beat until smooth.
6. Pour into the tin and bake for 45 mins - 1hour.
7. Meanwhile, make the Salted caramel sauce. Bring 60ml of water to the boil in a saucepan. Add the brown sugar and stir until it dissolves.
8. When the sugar turns to an amber colour, take off the heat. Stir in the whipping cream, butter, vanilla extract and sea salt.
9. In a bowl, place a wedge of the sticky toffee parkin with a good drizzle of the salted caramel sauce. Sprinkle over chopped pecans and serve with a dollop of the left over whipped cream, crème fraiche or a good vanilla ice cream.