Linda Barker has a perfect healthy and delicious breakfast for Mums on the Run!
350g rolled oats
60ml/55g coconut oil
285g mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds
1 coconut (flesh removed from shell and cut into shreds using a vegetable peeler)
350g dried fruits, apricots, figs, sultanas, cranberries
Fresh fruits, like mixed berries, mango slices, kiwi etc
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius.
2. In a saucepan, melt the honey and coconut oil over a medium heat.
3. Remove from the heat and add in the rolled oats and stir coating the oats well into the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture onto a large baking tray and spread evenly.
5. Place the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until toasted and golden.
6. In the meantime, place the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and shredded coconut in another baking tray and place in the oven to toast for about 20-25 minutes or until nice and golden.
7. Once the oats and seeds are toasted and golden, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
8. In a bowl, mix the toasted ingredients together with the dried fruits. Store in an air tight container.
9. Serve the granola with yogurt, fruit compote and fresh fruits by layering some granola at the bottom of a sundae bowl, spoon some yogurt, followed by some fruit compote and fresh fruits and repeating the layers and finishing with more yogurt, sprinkle of granola and a drizzle of honey.