Bill Granger gets us in the mood for Easter with his decadent and warming hot chocolate pudding...
125g plain flour
1 pinch of salt
120g caster sugar
3 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp cocoa powder
85g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
Double cream or crème fraiche, to serve
For the topping:
185g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
250ml boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Sift the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl.
3. Add the milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract and mix with beaters until combined.
4. Pour into four 250 ml greased pudding moulds.
5. For the topping, stir the brown sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl to combine, then sprinkle it over the pudding batter.
6. Pour boiling water carefully over the puddings, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Serve warm with thick cream.