James brings us nearer to the weekend with this seriously indulgent chocolatey treat!
200g chocolate digestive biscuits
40g melted unsalted butter
225g of plain 50% cocoa chocolate, buttons or chopped up block/bar
150ml whipping cream
150ml cream cheese
2 dessert spoons of Irish Cream (optional)
1 tsp of instant coffee (optional)
Seeds from half a vanilla pod or a drop of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of good quality cocoa powder
Chocolate truffles to garnish
1. Line a 20cm/8 inch loose bottomed deep cake tin lined with baking parchment.
2. Place the biscuits in a bowl or plastic food bag and smash to a rough crumb, melt the butter and stir into the smashed up cookies.
3. Mix well and cover the base of the lined cake tin and push down well.
4. Melt the chocolate slowly over a bain marie. Stir and remove from heat.
5. Whip the cream and vanilla to a half whipped stage. Fold the chocolate into the cream cheese then fold in the cream until totally combined.
6. If you choose to add alcohol and coffee now's the time. Heat the Irish cream, stir in the coffee to dissolve then fold into the cheesecake mix.
7. Pour the mixture onto the set biscuit base then flatten the top with a spatula and chill in the fridge to set for 3/4 hours.
8. Remove from tin and remove any paper. Garnish around the top with chocolate truffles and dust with cocoa powder. Slice and serve.