James Tanner brings us a sweet treat this weekend with one of his favourite desserts - it's tiramisu but with a lemony twist!
250ml whipping cream half whipped
1 scraped vanilla pod or a few drops of vanilla extract
5 tbsp lemon curd
1 tbsp icing sugar
Segments of 1 lemon
Around 10 ladies fingers biscuits
4 tbsp lemoncello liquor
2 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp water
2 amoretti biscuits
150ml extra whipping cream, fully whipped in a piping bag
Fresh mint leaves to garnish
Space dust crystals
1. Heat the lemoncello, water and caster sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Pour onto lemon segments and set aside to cool.
2. Put the finger biscuits in a bowl and drain over the cooled lemon syrup reserving the segments for later. Roll the biscuits in the syrup and then arrange in the base of 4 serving glasses.
3. Whisk the cream with the mascarpone, lemon curd, icing sugar and vanilla. Pour over the soaked biscuits and divide between serving glasses. Chill and set in fridge for around two hours.
4. To serve pipe the whipped cream on to the top of the glasses. Lay around pieces of poached lemon segments and crumble over some crushed amoretti biscuits.
5. If desired, garnish with fresh mint and a sprinkle of space dust!