Jon Rotheram shows us how to make a family-friendly classic, his best ever fish pie
2 x 150g salmon fillets
2 x 100g smoked haddock fillets
150g cooked peeled prawns
200g frozen peas
150g crème fraiche
1tsp Dijon mustard
2 boiled eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C
2.Put the potatoes into a pan of salted, boiling water. Bring back to the boil for 10 minutes. At the same time, hard boil the 2 eggs.
3. Steam the spinach in a colander over the pan that has the potatoes. This will only take about a minute. When the spinach is done, remove from the colander and squeeze out excess water.
4.Remove the eggs from pan. Cool under cold water and peel and quarter them. Put to one side.
5. Drain the potatoes in the colander.
6. In a separate pan, slow-fry the onions in a little olive oil for about 8-10 minutes. Add the cream and bring just to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the Cheddar cheese, lemon juice, and mustard and the peas.
7. Put the spinach, fish, prawns and eggs in a decent sized casserole dish with a lid and mix together. Pour over this mixture the creamy vegetable sauce.
8. Mash the cooked potatoes - adding a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes on top of the fish. Place in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes at 190°C.