New chef Jon brings us a flash in the pan recipe with his quick and tasty tuna steaks served with salad and a hint of spice.
4 heads of baby gem
2 avocadoes, chopped
1 chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 lemon, juiced
4 tuna steaks, 120g each
1 spring onion
1/2 cucumber, diced
8 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
10g black sesame seeds
3 tbsp natural yogurt
10g basil, chopped
1. Put the tuna steaks on the griddle pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until they're blushing in the middle.
2. Take two baby gem heads, cut in half and sear on the griddle pan for 4 minutes. Chop the remaining baby gem heads into chunks.
3. For the dressing, put the yogurt in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and add the chopped basil.
4. In a serving platter, place the avocadoes, cherry tomatoes, the chopped baby gem, the diced cucumber and the chopped chilli. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over this salad, drizzle over olive oil, and combine all the ingredients.
5. Scatter the chargrilled baby gem heads on the platter. Tear each tuna steak in half and place on top of the other ingredients.
6. Finish by drizzling the yogurt and basil dressing over the salad. Garnish with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.