Ingredients For the base
250g digestive biscuits
100g butter melted
For the cheesecake filling
150g Onken Extra Creamy Yogurt
720g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
100g icing sugar
For the lemon curd (or a store bought jar)
4 unwaxed lemons (or 2 large) rind and juice
200g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
1 egg yolk
Method To make the base
1. Smash the digestive biscuits to a fine crumb.
2. Tip them into your square, loose-bottomed, 25cm/10 inch straight-sided tin.
3. Add the melted butter and mix until combined.
4. Press down firmly to create an even base, then place in the fridge to chill.
To make the filling
1. In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese, yogurt and vanilla until thick.
2. Add the sugar and whisk again.
3. Tip the filling into the tin.
4. Level off and return the tin to the fridge.
To make the lemon curd (if you're using a jar of curd, skip to 'to bring together')
1. Place the lemon juice, lemon rind, butter and sugar into a bowl and heat gently over a pan of simmering water until the butter has melted.
2. Add the room temperature eggs and whisk until fully combined.
3. Continue to heat over the pan, stirring occasionally until it has thickened enough to leave a trail if you run your finger over the back of the spoon.
4. Leave to cool completely. It will thicken further.
To bring together
1. Spoon the curd into the tin, level off and return to the fridge to firm up overnight.
2. Cut into bars to serve.
Recipe and image courtesy ofEmily Leary – A Mummy Too